I can call myself very lucky to escape some days from the cold, wet and grey weather back home. An only two hours flight brings me to beautiful and sunny Alicante and back to summer.
Very much indeed, while other shiver and struggle with the flu, I’m enjoying my fifty shades of Alicante! As soon as I touch ground, I can’t help than…
1. Be astonished how much warmer it is here than at home when stepping outside the airport.
2. Fetch the bus from the airport to Alicante.
3. Look at the endless Mediterranean while getting to Alicante Postiguet beach.
4. Gaze at the many palm trees on the ride.
5. Do a night walk at the port and the Esplanada.
6. To find the perfect pick for some tasty tapas.
7. Support some newcomers who tour Europe with their new CD.
8. To have a glass of Monastrell, a tasty red wine.
10. To find new bars and restaurants in Alicante which opened recently.
11. To walk around the barrio and find out what has changed since the last time I came.
12. Do as many beach walks as possible to soak up the sun. This time I went to Playa San Juan and el Cabo.
13. To test the Med’s temperature. Though, still chilly at this time of the year.
14. To do a morning run in San Vicente. This is where Gisela’s Olive Garden is.
15. Fill up the fridge with Spanish specialties.
16. To eat heaps of Manchego cheese.
17. To check the garden and plants how they dwell since I’ve left.
18. To feel right at home when I open the door.
19. To stay up late and sleep in next day.
20. To chat with neighbors and find out about the latest rumours.
21. To sign up for a painting lesson with the neighbor.
22. To paint a picture with oil-based paint.
23. To learn from a gifted painter and follow her instructions.
24. To make myself tostadas with tomatoes and cheese for lunch.
25. To listen to local radio stations and swing along some new spanish songs.
26. To enjoy the silence in the garden.
27. To put on lots of sunscreen.
28. To be amused about the barking dogs when walking in the street.
29. To count dog shit when walking along Avenida Haygon. This time I counted 3… Not bad. 😉
30. To take a tram ride to Alicante with Linea 2.
31. To watch a movie at Megarama at Outlet Stores Alicante. You figure our which film it was this time… 😉 .
32. To be amused how little people go to the cinema during the week. I counted 10 peeps included me for a supposed to be blockbuster.
33. Try to understand as much as possible of the film.
34. To eat a bucket of popcorn during the film.
35. To feel bad when eating junk food after the film.
36. To improve my Spanish by talking and listening carefully to people.
37. To meet up with friends from Ibi and Castalla.
38. To have dinner with them. What about Sushi?
39. To sunbath and nap in the garden.
40. To try out our Ecuadorian hammock.
41. To change from winter clothes to summer clothes.
42. To find clothes I left at Gisela’s Olive Garden last time and I have forgotten about. Yeah!
43. Always to wear my sunglasses when I’m outside.
44. To count the many “For Sale” signs in the area.
45. To have breakfast in the garden every day.
46. To chill on the sunbed and read a good book.
47. To take too many pictures of everything.
48. To eat dulce de leche ice cream in the barrio.
49. To drink lots of Spanish wine.
50. To wish my next stay to Alicante comes very soon.
Can you feel me? 😉